I am sitting in an EEOC training course in Los Angeles. I will post some blogs about it today. Here is what we have learned so far.
* Equal pay will be a focus of the Obama Administration. Employers will probably be required to report pay information on annual EEO reports.
* the agency will go after employers whose policies bar employing anyone with a criminal background.
* The Commission has determined that gender identity (transgender issues) are covered under Title 7.
* The Commission is focusing on caregiver status.
* The Commission will be focusing on leaves of absences as a reasonable accommodation
This is a very aggressive agenda for the EEOC. Employers beware.